Tuesday, March 25, 2008

poured over the head of a male model



I haven't been that into the Colbert Report lately (and by lately I mean probably the last year or so). When the show first came out I was convinced it was the greatest thing to happen to television since the "info" bar first showed up on my cable channels. and if you don't remember that moment then you're like 13 years old. I remember I called my friend Gustavo (GOOSE THIS IS WHERE THE LINK TO YOUR BLOG WILL GO) for the first episode because I was so excited for this show to premiere. The first year was amazing, and his address to the White House Press Correspondents was one of the funniest moments of the decade. Anyway, it's been a while since I've really LOVED something on the show, but I'm glad I got to see this sketch because it's fucking hilarious and exactly the type of comedy I want to see more of from everybody. This reminds me of classic SNL fake ads from the 90s, and Colbert is definitely a Phil Hartman-worthy successor to the fake-serious throne.

No comments: